Hardened scales are a common problem in many homes, and getting rid of them can be hard and take a long time. Drain and sewer clean services get rid of hardened scales by using hydro jetting. This is a quick and safe way to eliminate this buildup without damaging your pipes. This guide will provide parents with information on hydro jetting and tips on ensuring it is done safely and effectively.
What Is Hardened Scale?
The hardened scale comprises calcium or magnesium carbonate minerals that build up inside pipes over time. This buildup can happen if you have hard water, which has many minerals, or if you need to take care of your pipes. A hardened scale can lead to problems like clogged pipes and lower water pressure. If it’s not taken care of, it can cause pipes to corrode or become completely blocked.
What Is Hydro Jetting?
Hydro jetting is a way to get rid of hardened scales in pipes by spraying them with high-pressure water jets. Most of the time, this process is done with a specialized machine and requires the skills of professionals who know how to use the machine safely and effectively. Hydro jetting can be used on a variety of pipes, from those made of metal to those made of PVC.
Benefits Of Hydro Jetting
Hydro jetting offers many benefits over traditional methods of removing hardened scales. These include:
- More effective and efficient removal of buildup on the interior walls of pipes.
- Quicker treatment times, as hydro jetting can clean more surface area in a shorter time than traditional methods.
- A safer operation, as there is less risk of pipe damage due to the high water pressure used in water jetting.
- More thorough removal of buildup, as the jets can reach deeper into pipes than traditional methods.
The Hydro Jetting Process For Removing Hardened Scale
The water jetting process for removing hardened scales is relatively easy to perform.
- First, professionals will assess the affected pipes and determine if hydro jetting is the best option to remove the buildup.
- If so, they will use a specialized machine to spray high-pressure water jets into the pipes at various angles to ensure thorough buildup removal.
- After the process, professionals will check the pipes to ensure that all the hardened scale is gone and that no damage has been done.
Safety Tips For Hydro Jetting
Hydro jetting can be a safe and effective way to remove hardened scales, but it is essential to remember that experienced professionals should do it. Here are some tips for ensuring the process is safe and effective:
- Read reviews on the hydro jetting company before hiring them for the job.
- Be sure to discuss any potential safety issues with the technicians before proceeding.
- Ensure all safety rules are followed during the procedure, like wearing protective gear and ensuring the tools are in good shape.
- Monitor the progress of the hydro jetting process to ensure it is being done correctly.
Hydro jetting for hardened scale removal is an effective and safe way to remove buildup in your pipes. However, skilled professionals must carry out the procedure. By using these tips, parents can rest easy knowing that their pipes will be fixed without any damage. Also, Smith Drain Solutions can help you keep your pipes in good condition for many years.
Read our other blog article:
Execute a Home Renovation while Parenting